Leo’s Favourite Little Mushroom Catering soup- Carrot Ginger SoupA La Little Mushroom Catering
When life takes a difficult turn, sometimes we just need a little comforting. A home-cooked meal can’t fix a time of grieving, but it can definitely provide comfort when it’s needed most. Leo was a huge fan of Little Mushrooms Catering soup. In honour of Leo, Little Mushrooms Catering decided that everyone should get a chance to try the amazing recipe that Leo loved, and bring some comfort to the sad news. We are sure Leo would be happy to know we were trying something he was so fond of.
- Vegetable Oil – 1 tbsp
- White onion – ½ onion, chopped
- Minced Garlic – tsp
- Fresh ginger – 2 tsp, peeled and grated
- Carrots – 2L, peel and cut into bite size pieces
- Vegetable stock – just enough to cover the vegetables
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium-high, add the oil and sauté onions for 3-5 minutes, until translucent and slightly browned. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for another minute or so.
- Add the carrots, you may need to add some more oil as well, amd cook for another 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper
- Add just enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables and simmer for 30-45 minutes
- Take off the heat and blitz until smooth with an immersion blender. Adjust the seasoning if needed. Add cream if desired.