Cedar Planked Sockeye Salmon Recipe
Our friend Matt at Caudle’s Catch Seafood have shared this delicious summer recipe!
- 4pc 8oz. Portions Sockeye Salmon
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Large Cedar Plank (presoaked)
- In a large bowl combine the maple syrup, brown sugar and soy sauce. Whisk well and add the black pepper.
- Prepare the salmon by rinsing with cold water and patting dry with a cloth or paper towel.
- Pour half of the glaze over the salmon portions and put in fridge to marinate for 30 minutes. Save other half for finishing.
- Pre-heat your B.B.Q. to 375 degrees and place you cedar plank on the grill. Note: Cedar plank should be pre-soaked.
- Brush plank with olive oil and place salmon portions directly on the plank. Pour marinade over salmon and close the lid.
- Allow to cook for 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon) undisturbed. Avoid opening the lid as much as possible to maintain the maximum amount of cedar flavor.
- While the salmon cooks in a side saucepan reduce second half of the glaze in thicker syrup.
- Remove plank and plate salmon portions. Drizzle a spoonful of the glaze over the salmon and serve.
About Caudle’s Catch Seafood
Ron and his wife Sylvia opened their first Caudle’s Catch Seafood retail store – a modest 500 square foot location on Kingsbury Drive, Kitchener – on April 4, 1986.
Caudle’s Catch is continually expanding retail operations to meet the demand of a growing and loyal customer base. Through their 3,000 square foot seafood superstore and locations inside Vincenzo’s in Waterloo, the Victoria St Market, the Cambridge Market as well as the St. Jacobs and Kitchener Markets, Caudle’s Catch Seafood can deliver a broader range of products directly to their customers, at the best price.
Caudle’s Catch Seafood has also expanded to offer their seafood products online! As demand for seafood continues to grow, Caudle’s is reaching out to offer their products to individual consumers across Canada. Fresh, delicious seafood on your doorstep is just a click away!
Matt has spent his entire life immersed in seafood, luckily he loves it! Over the years Matt has worked in all aspects of the business; from his early days as a packer and delivery driver to now managing Caudle’s six retail locations and online store.
Matt enjoys preparing and cooking seafood and has taught many seafood cooking classes and has also catered many high-end events. This recipe is one of his favorites for summer grilling.