Top 5 Considerations when picking a Wedding Photographer
Choosing your photographer can be a daunting task. Like everything, the hardest part is where to start. It is never too early to start asking around, and looking at websites. Once you have booked your Wedding Venue, it’s Go Time! Now you can actively start contacting potential photographers. Most established wedding photographers book up 1 to 2 years ahead of time; when reaching out be sure to include your wedding date so they can check their availability right away.
Below I have listed the 5 most important things to consider when choosing your photographer:
1) Meet with them face-to-face. Personality is so very important – can you stand this person? Are they fun, easy-going? Do you feel comfortable around them? You are going to be spending a lot of time with them on your big day so you want to make sure that you can be natural and have fun.
2) How do they describe their style? We describe our style as Fine Arts meets Photojournalism. What we really enjoying capturing during your wedding day are the real, candid moments. Our best photos are the ones that have the couple fully in the moment, but when it comes to the family photos we make sure to plan ahead and have a list of family combinations ahead of time. It is important that your photographer’s style matches your expectations. If you are in to epic composite images of dramatic dark lighting, then choose a photographer that has those photos as the highlight on their website.
3) Do not cheap out. Hiring a photographer is one of the most important vendor choices for your wedding day. I have heard countless stories of people who have hired someone who just started, because they offered a great deal and have been heart broken when their photos were delivered….late. Experience and Style are so important, like most things in life that are worth it. Value has a cost, for a full day coverage in 2018-2019 expect to spend anything between $3500-$6000
4) Trust: Experience, References, Testimonials. How much experience does your photographer have? How long have they been photographing weddings? Do they have reviews and testimonial readily available online? Are they recommended by your venue? These are all questions that will help you make a confident choice in your wedding photographer. Brian Limoyo Photography has been photographing weddings professionally for over 14 years. There over 43 5-star Google reviews for our studio. We are incredibly proud to be recommended by venues all across Ontario and Quebec. We have also more recently become a preferred vendor for The Hacienda Sarria. Another great thing to ask is if they can share a full gallery of a wedding at your venue, this will give you a good feel of their approach to the whole day and particularly your wedding venue.
5) The Devil’s in the Details. Make sure you are clear on the package details. There are a lot of variables that should not be assumed, here are few essentials:
-Who will be the team showing up at your wedding?
-How many hours is full-day? is there a second shooter?
-How many photos are being delivered? Are all the photos retouched?
-When is delivery to be expected?
When you book Brian Limoyo Photography, It is always Brian who is showing up, all our packages are 2 photographers. Our full day includes 10-12hrs coverage. We deliver 700-800 high resolution photos lightly retouched. We deliver 2-4 weeks from the wedding date.
The last thing is to have fun, be yourself and show how passionate you are about your wedding photos. I know that when my clients are enthusiastic about their photos it fires me up! Hit me up if you have any more questions I am happy to help.
Want to learn more about Brian?
Check out his website at https://www.brianlimoyoweddings.com/
And find him on social media at:
Brian is currently offering Free engagement shoot and engagement shoot with all full day packages!